The Tri-County News began on June 11, 1920 by Louis N. Bowman, son of former newspaper owners Maggie and William Bowman of the King City Democrat. Bowman had bought the Union Star Comet and the Union Star Herald to build his readership and served them under the Tri-County News title. In 1947, Bowman bought out the King City Chronicle and consolidated it with his paper. The weekly paper serves citizens of Andrew, DeKalb, and Gentry Counties relating local and national news. Bowman was dedicated to his paper and his town and published his paper for the rest of his career. The Tri-County News is still in publication.
Search by Date
Enter in YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD format
Browse the Collection