The Stanberry Headlight started as the Gentry County Headlight, a weekly democratic paper edited by S.D. Wilson. The papers name was changed to the Stanberry Headlight on October 14, 1899. It was published under this name for the next 11 years until it was sold to W.C. Long and V.T. Williams of the Stanberry Herald. The Owl and Headlight were consolidated and published under the name of the Stanberry Owl-Headlight. By 1914 the paper was simplified back to the Stanberry Headlight. The Stanberry Herald joined the fray in 1925, though the paper kept its name of Stanberry Headlight.
Search by Date
Enter in YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD format
Browse the Collection