The experienced newspaper man, George Bartholomaeus, started the Warrenton Herald on September 13, 1898. The paper was Republican in political views and thrived in the community. Bartholomaeus worked exclusively on the paper until February 1905 when he was appointed the statistician in the Secretary of State’s office in Jefferson City. His wife, Caroline took the helm at the Herald office both managing and editing the paper. They sold to the Banner Publishing Company on November 15, 1905 so they could move to Jefferson City, Missouri. The Herald was then absorbed and continued as the Warrenton Banner, which is still in publication today.
Search by Date
Enter in YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD format
Browse the Collection