The Herald began as the Herald of Liberty in 1866. In 1869, the paper was sold to Niles and Herbert, who changed the name to the Rolla Weekly Herald. By 1889 the Herald was in the hands of Charles McCrae, a well-respected man in the community, who changed the name to simply the Rolla Herald. Upon McCrae’s death, his wife, Edwarda, ran the paper. It was soon sold to Charles Woods, who married Edwarda McCrae, who published for the next forty-three years. The Rolla Herald was eventually absorbed with several other area newspapers to create the Rolla Daily News, which is still in publication today.
Search by Date
Enter in YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD format
Browse the Collection