The newspaper got its start by Judge W.H. Murphy in 1882 in Dixon, Missouri under the name the Dixon Headlight. Three years later the paper moved to Waynesville, Missouri and was renamed the Pulaski County Democrat. When Judge W.T. Wright took over the publication, he was able to take the struggling paper and make it a profitable business through his political connections within the state and by printing more local news. The paper was successful for many decades, ending it run in 1982.
Search by Date
Enter in YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD format
Browse the Collection