After several failed attempts at publishing a newspaper in Union, Missouri, William Leiser found success with the Franklin County Record. The Republican paper would become an outlet for not only its political party, but the schools, businesses, and farmers of the county. In February 1887, Leiser changed the name of his paper to the Union Record. The Record was sold in December 1890, to the publishers of the Tribune and the Washington Republican ending its sixteen year run.
Search by Date
Enter in YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD format
Browse the Collection